Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wednesday Evening [July 9 1913]

Dear Husband:--

The first thing I shall do is ask you to pardon a letter written with a pencil, as I am writing out in the swing. I enjoyed your letters so much, and the card was great. So glad you have been so thoughtful as to secure a safe for the kisses. I sure want you to save them all, unless you give Pauline one occasionally.

I am so glad dear that you didn’t join those naughty boys who went to the Yancy-house. My own sweetheart has higher ideals than that. Remember I trust you and always have confidence in you wherever you may be.

Dearest, I have been sick yesterday and today, but I don’t worry, it is just my time to feel miserable, and I have felt worse than usual this time as I had a few other troubles. This is the first I have been up to stay today, and it is about six o’clock. You might know that I wished for you, but really, we would have a much better time if I was feeling good, which I hope to be soon.

Sure, that will be fine for us to have your office in our home, won’t it honey? We are going to have to make up for this time we are losing sometime in the future.

I know you will pardon this attempt at a letter, as I don’t feel like doing better. I haven’t been helping Mamma any to-day or yesterday, but I hope to to-morrow.

Lovingly,
Clara

Papa and Mamma send love to you

No comments: