Monday, August 31, 2009

July 7th 1913

Dr. T.H. Lay
Harrison, Ark.

Dear Husband:--
Doesn’t that look formal? Ha! Ha! There would be some informal loving going on if you were here. I wish you were this very minute.

I hope you get that Kans. Dr. In the notion of coming to Harrison so you can sell out to him, and not be out any for the trip and the time you have spent there. Be sure and count everything in your sale price. Ha! Ha! So you won’t be the loser. I am so anxious to see you. Hope you are here in a few weeks. I’ll be disappointed if you aren’t. I wonder how many osteopaths there are in Mobesby. I wish you could come someplace that close. Wouldn’t it be great? Sweetheart, all you can do is keep trying till you find a place that suits you best. No one can ever tell till they try, Can they dearest? But you will get along beautifully when you find the right location. And I hope it will be near here, as Papa is going to have a spell if I go very far away for all the time. He has been worrying a great deal the past few weeks, and Mamma said she believed he was getting worse instead of better as the weeks passed. Of course, he realizes his age and will miss me more than if he were in business or had other children. You could have for a good excuse to give the Kans. Dr. for leaving Ark. That you were married just when school closed, and your wife’s parents were getting along in years. And at the present time she didn’t want to go that far away from them. Wouldn’t that be O.K.? --Dear, I neglect all of my correspondence for you. But you know that I think of you best of all. I must write to Mrs. Howerton to-morrow. And, as I also have a pupil and we will have to iron in the morning, I’ll not write to you till Wednesday. But I am sure breaking the record writing so many letters to you. But then you know, honey, I don’t want you to forget you are married. Ha! Ha! As if you would. But you know I love to jolly you once in a while*I sure had a good laugh about the covered wagons. It must be laughable.

Dr. Collins from El Paso was here a few days last week. Mr. Griggs is here visiting and having some dental work done. I haven’t talked to her yet, only over the ‘phone. Some time she’ll be shocked. You remember they were the bride and groom we had so much fun with last fall. Oh, Honey, I am glad we had fun all by ourselves, didn’t we? That is the best way, isn’t it dearie? And we will have some more fun some time buy say; some of it wasn’t so funny for me. Understand? But the most of it was, and the rest will be sometime, but it takes time. Doesn’t it? I am sure I know enough to keep still and not tell other girls what some of my married friends told me. But I am really glad they did so we would know it was nothing out of the ordinary. Ha! Ha!

I am hoping to see you real soon, and the way we will love each other will not be slow. Will it snooky-odd-lums?

Is Pauline coming to her grandma’s with you, and are her sisters coing? *Papa and Mamma send love to their son.

Won’t your sister have 6 fits within the next few months, as well as about 100 others or more.

Lovingly,
Clara

Thanks for the kisses. I wish they were real.

No comments: