Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday [July 13, 1913]

Dear husband:--
I wish you were here today. I was out in the swing all morning. Did not go out on any expeditions as we didi last Sun. morning.

The Selby kids are practicing hymns. It would be a good idea if their mother would practice a few, but she knows how to inquire about Hims Ha! Ha!

Mamma and I went over to see Mrs. Uetz last night. She isn't any better, but she asked about Dr. Lay. She said she liked you so well. You must send some word to her in my letters. She said to tell you to come back, but she said, "I don't want him to take you away. I am afraid he will, won't he?" I told her no, you wouldn't; that when you came back it would be on a visit. We must go over a few minutes some eve. when you come. It will do her a world of good.

So many here were sick this past week, so I guess I wasn't the only one. Mamma was sick last night, but she is alright today.

I wonder what Pearl will say when she writes to you.

It seems terrible for your father not to know it, but there is so many children there, that I am afraid that they would write to everyone they knew here. Aren't you? If you come soon, we will announce it then we won't have to be careful. Have you decided sure that you can come? I do hope so, but you know best.

Mamma said all of the osteo's had a right to come to the convention as the "Old Dr." is not likely to be here if they should ever meet here again. They are coming from far and near. A great many are here now; came early to avoid the rush Ha! Ha! and, I suppose, take a few weeks vacation--when it stormed so here the other eve. I wished for you dearest. I felt as tho' the lightning couldn't strike me if I were in your arms. Really, isn't it wonderful the protection a husband is to his wife in so many ways. A woman is so much more dependant than a man. Don't you think so honey?

This is all of this part of my letter. Here are a dozen XXXXXXXXXXXX's

Your loving wife,
Clara Gibson Lay

No comments: